ICWAI and ICMA have entered into a mutual recognition agreement based on an extensive review of the competencies and rigor of their proprietary certifications. ICMA recognizes ICWAI members as CMAs upon payment of this one-time entrance fee in fulfillment of the agreement reached between these organizations. Proof of ICWAI certification is required. See below for procedures.
Procedure for ICWAI members (AICWA & FICWA) to obtain IMA’s CMA certification
1. Please be sure that your membership dues to the ICWAI have been paid. ICWAI membership fees are due on April 1st each year and must be paid prior to submitting your application for IMA membership and CMA certification and for renewal in subsequent years. To apply for IMA Membership, you must be an active member of ICWAI in good standing. To renew your IMA membership, your ICWAI dues must be paid in full.
2. The ICWAI will send confirmation of your ICWAI membership status directly to IMA. To request this confirmation, send the application (see below) to the ICWAI along with a fee of INR 2000 (for members residing in India) or US$100 (for members residing outside India) by check payable to “The ICWA of India” payable at Kolkata.
3. For renewal of IMA membership in the subsequent years, you will be invoiced directly by IMA for your annual IMA membership dues. In addition, you must request that the ICWAI confirm your ICWAI membership status directly to IMA. Your request to the ICWAI must include the certification fee of INR 1000 (for members residing in India) or US$50 (for members residing outside India).
4. When renewing your membership in IMA, be sure that your ICWAI membership dues and other fees are fully paid and up to date.
5. ICWAI members can apply for IMA membership online at IMA’s website. Enter the “Online Store” select “Membership Products” in the left hand side bar, scroll down to the “Professional Membership,” and click on “Join”. After completing the membership application you will be in your Shopping Cart. Then click on “All Other Products” select “Certification,” click on “Entrance Fee” then scroll down to “ICWAI Entrance Fee” which you should add to your cart. You can then complete your purchase.
6. To maintain CMA certification, all CMAs must earn 30 continuing Professional Education credits per year (including two credits in the subject of Ethics). (See Maintaining Your Credential). Continuing education credits can be used to satisfy requirements for both ICWAI and CMA certifications. Under the IMA/ICWAI partnership, certified members seeking mutual recognition must maintain membership in both IMA and ICWAI.
7. Contact Mr. Kaushik Banerjee, Additional Director-cum-Joint Secretary, The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India, 12 Sudder Street, Kolkata – 700 016 Phone: 91-33-22521031/1034/1035/1492/1602/1619, Fax: 91-33-22521723, E-mail: email@example.com for any query.
Contact IMA’s Member Services Team to answer questions about IMA membership and CMA certification. Contact IMA Member Services at (800) 638-4427 (North America) or +1 (201) 573-9000 (Outside North America), or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format of Application
The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India
12, Sudder Street,
Kolkata – 700 016.
Sub: CMA Certification by IMA USA
I wish to apply to IMA USA for their CMA Certification and request you to issue a certificate to them directly with a copy to me certifying that I have successfully passed the Final Examination of ICWAI and am a member of ICWAI.
Requisite fee of US$100/INR 2000 by Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The ICWA of India” payable at Kolkata, India, is enclosed herewith.
Full address with Zip/Pin Code: ____________________
Phone no.: Landline & Mobile E-mail:
Encl: Demand Draft No. ________ dated ________ for US$100/INR 2000 drawn in favour of “The ICWA of India” payable at Kolkata, India